Chocolate Ice Water Cake
3/4 cup butter
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 squares unsweetened dark chocolate, melted (I use the Nestle ChocoBake premelted chocolate)
3 cups cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons soda
3/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter, use 3/4 tsp., otherwise, use 1/2 tsp. if butter is salted)
1 1/2 cups ice water
Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, beating well after each addition. Add melted chocolate; blend well. Sift together dry ingredients and add alternately with the ice water. Pour into three 9-inch layer cake pans. I always did mine in square pans, though, for selling. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 5 to 10 minutes and remove from pans. Cool thoroughly before frosting.
Sour Cream Velvet Frosting (Fudge Like)
1 c. (6 oz.) package Nestlé’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (I use dark chocolate AND semi-sweet)
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/3 c. sifted confectioners’ sugar
Melt over hot (not boiling) water Nestlé’s Semi-Sweet chocolate morsels. Remove from water. Blend in sour cream, vanilla and salt. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar.
Fills and frosts two 8- or 9-inch layers, and should end up as a fudge like consistency on the cake. Delicious!
Recipe Shared by Kris Roup, Thanks Kris!!!
- About Me
- Top 7 Survey/Focus Groups/Polls Sites
- Top 9 GPT: Emails/Shop/Search/Click etc.
- Survey Sites For Kids and Teens
- Want To Increase Traffic To Your Website/Blog?
- Referrals For Web Payment Sites? Yes!
- Do You Need A Website? Look Here.
- Tips For GPT/Survey Sites
- Helpful Homeschooling Products!
- Fun Stuff!
- Cake Recipes, of Course!
- Top 11 Sites For Referral Bonuses
- Readaholics Like Us? Look Here...
- New Sites That I Am Testing